For the first time ever, STARCO will be joining Tyrexpo in Singapore to display solid tyres and develop their distribution network through partnerships for solid tyres in Asian and other new markets. STARCO recently announced a phase out of the traditional replacement market, where tyre dealers and FLT service providers have been the primary distribution channel. This does not mean, however, that solid tyres will be unavailable in the replacement market:
“Going forward, we are focusing on a structured and strategic collaboration with our OE customers and distributors to make our solid tyres available in the replacement market. Today, we already have non-European OE-customers in other segments where their European manufacturing and assembly sites are a key distribution channel for us,” explains Henno Plaggenborg, Segment Director for Industrial Vehicles, STARCO. “Together with the customer, we jump steps in the traditional supply chain and hence make a more lean process to benefit both parties - and the end-consumer too. It is now time to expand the strategy into the FLT market.”
At the fair visitors can meet, amongst others, STARCO Segment Director for Industrial Vehicles, Henno Plaggenborg. The stand will display:
- STARCO-designed, developed and manufactured STARCO Tusker - a three-layer design perfect for demanding fork lift truck applications
- STARCO-designed, developed and manufactured STARCO Unicorn - a two-layer design ideal for general fork lift truck applications
- STARCO-designed, developed and manufactured STARCO Gecko – a two-layer design based on STARCO Unicorn, designed for challenging weather conditions and extreme surface conditions
- The Kenda Kinetics K610 - a premium pneumatic forklift tyre with high reliability, great resistance and excellent traction from Kenda Tire (Taiwan), a long-term and key supplier to STARCO
- Information about STARCO’s flexible solid tyre factory in Sri Lanka
Tyrexpo Asia 2017 is the region's most established one-stop exhibition for tyres, tyre repair equipment, tools and tyre accessories and attracts close to 5,000 visitors from more than 100 countries.
Today, the key markets for STARCO’s solid tyres are Russia/CIS, Europe and South Africa. However, the company is focusing on developing new markets.
“We see great potential in Asia and look forward to learning even more about the potential partnerships as well as discussing business opportunities,” states Henno Plaggenborg.
STARCO’s Sri Lankan factory was founded in 2011. Today, STARCO delivers a product range from 4-20” solid tyres.